In today's podcast, Sam Coffman discusses the concept of "Intentional Community" from the standpoint of preparedness and survival. "Intentional Community" can mean a lot of different things to different people. Sam breaks down some different aspects of the idea of community into a few various levels that might make it easier to sort through how to go about forming your own community or communities of like-minded people.
Today, Sam talks about:
- What "intentional community" means
- What are 3 different levels of community?
- How do you go about finding and creating community based on those levels?
- How does stress affect community?
- What are the gathering points of community? The "watering holes?"
- How does The Human Path try to create community and put stress on people to help them come together?
- What are some of the things you should think about when choosing a school to learn skills (of any sort) at, and how does that relate to community for you?
There are 2 Primitive Core Basics and 2 Urban Core Basics still to be offered in 2012. Here are links to them:
September Urban Core Basic, 5-Day Intensive: September 17 - 21st.