Learning a Foreign Language QUICKLY! In today's podcast, Sam Coffman discusses some very useful shortcuts in learning a foreign language. He covers topics such as:
- What are "loanwords" and how can you use these to maximize your vocabulary very quickly?
- What is a way to get past having to memorize verb conjugations and tenses?
- What is the structure of language in general, and how is it different to learn as an adult vs. as a child?
- What's wrong with some of the language learning DVD's and CD's that are on the market? How are some of them getting away with false advertising?
- What are the most important types of words to learn first in order to maximize your ability to speak and understand as quickly as possible?
- What is one daily drill you can do that will absolutely skyrocket your ability to speak a foreign language?
- Does grammar matter?
- Is there a difference learning a foreign language if you already speak 2 languages, and have learned one of them as an adult?
For another resource on learning language quickly, check out my good friend Mykel Hawke's book, "The Quick and Dirty Guide to Learning Languages Fast"