In today’s podcast, Sam Coffman welcomes Tony Blauer of the highly acclaimed “Blauer Tactical Systems”
Tony and Sam talk about:
- How long Tony has been teaching hand-to-hand combatives, how he started in martial arts and what the route was that took him to his no-nonsense, adrenaline-based form of street self-defense today
- What is the difference between training for street/realistic scenarios and studying a traditional martial art?
- Can you learn to fight by moving from style to style in your own martial arts training?
- What is the difference between a “Subject Matter Expert” and a “Substance Matter Expert”
- What is “experiential learning” and how can it help your training? How does this relate to a violent encounter?
- Why is hand-to-hand combat the most important fight situation to train for? Why is it the one situation you can have control over the outcome the highest percentage of the time?
- How does hand-to-hand fighting relate to preparedness?
- How does stress-inoculation and attitude training relate to who will win a real fight or violent encounter?
- When does it make sense to protect more than just your life (property, etc) and defend yourself?
|Learn more about Tony Blauer’s training programs, calendar of classes, unique training gear and more at his website:
Tony Blauer is founder and CEO of BLAUER TACTICAL CONFRONTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS©. Mr. Blauer has pioneered research and training methodologies that have influenced and inspired martial art & combative systems around the world.
His company, BLAUER TACTICAL SYSTEMS (BTS) is now one of the world's leading consulting firms specializing in research & development of combative training & equipment for the military, law enforcement and self-defense communities. BTS has taught key performance enhancement, fear management, and combatives based on S.P.E.A.R. System research to military, law enforcement and civilian personnel since 1988.
TRAINING: Online registration