January 25th, 2012 at 1:10 pm (survival skills, the human path, texas outdoor education, herbology, the combat medic, outdoor survival, trauma medicine, field medicine, disaster preparedness, readiness, health and nutrition)
In today’s podcast, Sam Coffman talks about field sanitation and first aid. Some of the points that Sam will cover include:
- Why suturing a laceration in the field is irresponsible and shouldn’t even be considered as an option
- What are the bare necessities needed to deal with field sanitation?
- What other natural options outside of soap exist to keep clean?
- What are some of the top anti-infective herbs for external wounds?
- What herbs help promote tissue-healing as well as being anti-infective?
- How do you use herbs externally and why is this better than the idea of suturing or closing a wound?
- How is charcoal useful as an anti-infective?
Image of Chaparral