In today's podcast, Sam Coffman discusses some of the plants sprouting up everywhere in Central and South Texas in January.
He talks about the general concept of eating wild food and things to consider with this. Sam then covers the following wild plants that are blooming in January:
- Thistles (Sow Thistle, Canada Thistle, Texas Thistle, Bull Thistle) - Cirsium, Carduus, and Sonchus genus
- Cleavers: (Galium aparine)
- Wood Sorrel: (Oxalis acetosella)
- Pennsylvania cucumber plant (Parietaria pennsylvanica)
- Henbit (Lamium amplexicaule)
- Lambsquarters (Chenopodium album)