August 1st, 2011 at 11:55 am (survival skills, urban survival, the human path, texas outdoor education, outdoor survival, long-term food storage)
||In the ongoing discussion about urban survival and preparedness, Sam Coffman and Paul Range move out of the subject of food and into the subjects of shelter, security and transportation. In this segment, they discuss the concept of security and transportation, and how the two are linked. Some of the highlights include:
- security on a budget: how to plan wisely and make good investments
- what are the security essentials?
- bugging out: whats in an emergency kit you can actually use
- rotating food rations in a bugout kit
- the importance of maps and gas supplies
- the indispensable bicycle: your emergency fallback transportation
Part 3, airing tomorrow, will conclude the Urban Preparedness series. To listen to part one, click here.